8.16.2015

heat wave.


Heat wave (aka everyday this summer) style: Vintage inspired burnout tees. Retro oversized sunnies. Breezy straw hats. White distressed jeans. 


Add a pop of color when working with an outfit of neutrals.
Mary Poppins has got nothing on my Madewell transport tote. Anything and everything can fit in this baby. It's style & material is so classic & will seamlessly transition you into every season. 
Creating a small knot to the side of a tee can completely transform your look. It adds a little bit of interest and asymmetry. 









Say what you will...Birks are genius & I love looking like a touristy dad. AND mine are matte black...YAS.

PSA: A cute puppy is the perfect cure for a heat wave.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"I like to start my notes to you as if we're already in the middle of a conversation. I pretend that we're the oldest and dearest friends..." 

Hello, friend!

Wow. After talking about starting a fashion/lifestyle blog for (what feels like) years, i'm finally making plans & sticking to them. East & blooming has truly been such a passion of mine. I've always been an incredibly visual person. For me, looking at a picture can bring such beautiful nostalgia. I see God's glory in people & their unique photos. 

So, why "east & blooming?" 
Well, I was born & raised on the East Coast...it's in my blood. :)
Blooming comes from the idea that no matter what you're going through or what season of life you're in, you're always growing. Everyone has to go through a little (or a lot) of dirt to completely bloom into something breathtaking. God is always preparing our hearts & lives for something bigger than we could ever comprehend. Remember my sweet friend, He creates beautiful things out of dust. And He is ALWAYS faithful! So, push onward & keep blooming, baby.

What can you expect to see on E&B? Style inspiration. Crafty projects (you can call me diy queen). Local noms/shopping/anything. Beauty posts. & me pouring out my heart to you every now & then. ;)

I'm so stinking excited to start this journey & have YOU along for the ride. 

I cherish you.

xo 
justine 


Jeans: Gap (similar style here)
Sunnies: Aj Morgan (similar style here)
Necklace: Finch (instagram: finch_uva)
Bracelet/rings: Etsy, vintage, Tiffany & Co.
Shoes: Birkenstocks





No comments:

Post a Comment